My name is Josh LaMore.
Midwest Action describes me as an “Adventurer, musician, and writer. A midwest native and Brooklyn, New York, resident with a California drivers license and passport.” I can’t say that they are too far off, although I no longer have the California Drivers license / passport.
To be more precise…
I’m a creative individual with a passion for writing, travel, education, and the arts. I am currently aspiring to gain more experience writing and working in the publishing industry.
In late 2016/early 2017 I will begin pursuing a Masters Degree in Library and Information Science.
I have experience writing non-fiction book-length manuscripts, travel writing articles, promotional brochures, music reviews, interviews, and blog content on wordpress.
I also have experience as a freelance copy editor and academic writing coach for dissertation and masters thesis projects. Thus far, I have helped NYU, Columbia University, and New School students achieve and maximize their academic writing and research project goals.
Other areas of experience include:
– National Park Tour Guide, Freelance New York City Tour Guide (with a specific focus on designing academic tours for college classes at John Jay, Long Island University, and Teachers College Columbia)
– Ebay and Amazon listing/marketing and sales
– Artist Assistant and Archivist
– Cofounder of Wolfbear Natural Comforts, a handcrafted natural herbal product company.
– In 2015, I was commissioned by the Zion Natural History Association to write a 20,000 word manuscript on the natural and cultural history of Cedar Breaks National Monument, a National Park’s Site.
– I graduated as Valedictorian of Long Island University’s class of 2014 as an English Literature Major.